During the class, I will bust some entrenched CaP management myths (in no particular order):
- All performance measurements are wrong by definition.
- There is no response-time knee.
- Throughput is not the same as execution rate.
- Throughput and latency metrics are related — nonlinearly.
- There is no parallel computing.
No particular knowledge about capacity and performance management is assumed.
Attendees should bring their laptops as course materials are provided on CD or flash drive. The Sheraton provides free wi-fi to the internet.
We look forward to seeing you there!