PLEASE READ: Ignite @ VelocityIgnite is a set of rapid-fire presentations which, on this occassion, will be held within the O'Reilly Velocity Web Performance and Operations Conference, June 22-24, 2009, San Jose, CA. This title
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:41 PM
You are accepted to speak at Ignite Velocity.
got me in and I will cover the following points in 5 minutes:
- Why are there no 30 ft giants like the one in "Jack and the Beanstalk"?
- Why are there no 2,000(?) ft beanstalks, for that matter?
- Both collapse when load exceeds strength. So, how big can a giant (or beanstalk) be?
- Prove it. :)
- How big can your web site be before performance collapses?
- How do you know? Prove it!
- I'll show you how to prove it using simple spreadsheets.
Monday June 22, 2009 at 8:00pm
Fairmont San Jose Hotel
170 South Market Street
San Jose, California 95113
All the big Si Valley web-ops will be there. I look forward to chatting with them and you, if you're attending.